Share

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Thank you

When I decided to start this blog, I'll admit I was worried.

I knew I needed to write.  There were years of built up words that had to go somewhere.  So I decided to put them here.

It felt so good at first, to get them out.  But I kept waiting.  For the stress.  And the pressure.

Normally my first response to stress and pressure is to get the crap out of there.  I've had to fight this urge multiple times as a mom.  But I didn't know if I could fight it with something as optional as a blog.

Fortunately, I haven't had to.  Because, so far, it is such a joy for me to sit at my computer, obligatory coffee in hand, and write to you all.  It's honestly my favorite part of the day (even better than bed time).

But this is what I really love about the blog.  It's not my words.  It's yours.

I love your comments.  I love the messages and e-mails.  And I love, love, love talking to someone and hearing those precious words... I've felt the exact same way.

Staying home with a rambunctious toddler in a foreign country can be an isolating experience.  Especially when my most natural tendency is to hole up in my house where I'm warm and comfortable and hardly ever come out.

So it makes my heart happy to hear from new friends and best friends or people I haven't seen in years or people I've never seen, and maybe never will.  I love that you're getting to know me and I love getting to know you.  

And I LOVE that I can do it from the comfort of my kitchen table.

So I guess I just want to say thank you.  And keep it coming.

You've all made me feel just slightly less crazy! (And Joel thanks you for that.)

Am I allowed to reuse pictures already?  Well, anyhow, I just did.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you! For the laughter, thoughtfulness and tears when I read your blog. Even though I've known you your whole life I didn't really start to get to know you until this blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Aunt Patti! I really appreciate your support of the blog and my writing. It means a lot!

      Delete